Marketing materials have progressed, all the while many pre-existing forms of advertising continues to pay big benefits. 2017 is a digital world dominated by digital marketing. Prior to the 2008 recession, digital marketing was a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising, not any longer. The market has reversed and old school marketing is much more affordable than digital, here’s why:
1) Pay to Play: Digital advertising claims to reach thousands (even millions) via impressions, but CPC is the true measure. Cost Per Click is how much you paid when someone clicks the link leading to your ad. If you’re paying a set rate, a high CPC means you’re not reaching many people, a low CPC means you are. If you’re on a Pay Per Click campaign (PPC), like Google AdWords, your daily/weekly budget can easily be manipulated to push your ads to non-relevant visitors, they may click, but rarely convert.
2) Saturated Market: As the Internet grew and smart phone coverage became dependable and faster, advertisers have a larger canvas to paint their picture, meaning your cost to cover a geography increases. Add to that the numerous companies targeting your marketing budget, (with very convincing sales tactics) and the confusion multiplies.
3) Social Media: Social media is mandatory and you are measured by your input. Like it or not, we all are judged by the new millennium market, who are social media addicts. Without a SM presence, you are considered inefficient, with a SM presence, you are dissected by every syllable your post. Advertisers will sell you on how valuable their social media advertising can be; demographics, geography, preferences and gender can be a very convincing argument, but do you really have what they’re seeking and will you be pre-judged before the conversion?
4) Hackers: Bad people do bad things, always have, always will. Companies like Apple and Microsoft will always strive to secure your connection to the information highway, but no one can ever stop it all (every web security service uses this disclaimer). Is the digital marketing company enticing you creditable? Hackers can easily mask their digital identity.
5) SEO: Search engines are a constantly moving target, what works today, may get you penalized tomorrow. Trusting in your webmaster to get you on the front page is no longer a viable option, expensive SEO companies or a full-time SEO employee (like me) are the only credible options.
Fear Not! I have Solutions!
Custom printed marketing materials will NEVER go “out-of-style” and will ALWAYS be a valuable and reliable addition to any marketing campaign. Here’s how:
1) There is no Pay to Play scenario with custom printed marketing materials. One price and you own it.
2) Control how you saturate the market with your brand and message.
3) Enhance and promote your social media campaigns with custom printed brochures, newsletters and publications.
4) A hacker has never hacked into a custom printed marketing piece.
5) Use your custom printed signs, brochures and publications to direct your qualified audience to your web presence.
Online marketing does work and it works even better when you accompany it with custom printed marketing materials from Heritage Printing.