How To Make a
Photo Canvas Print
In this video, Tony Conner, Heritage Printing, Signs & Displays’ Display Expert, shows how we make photo canvas prints here at Heritage Printing, Signs & Displays. We custom cut each frame to meet the specs of every canvas print, we never use pre-fabricated frames.
- Align the print evenly with the frame, the canvas is printed with enough “bleed” to cover the sides of the frame.
- NOTE: Tony doesn't slide the print around on the protected work table, this protects the print from scratches.
- Base tack the canvas to the frame, this sets the print in place and prepares it for the tension.
- Starting at the opposite side of the base tacks, Tony uses a canvas stretch tool to provide tension to the printer, then takes it down.
- Tony tacks all 4 sides, leaving room to make the folds (pleats) on the print.
- Folding the corners is important for maximum appeal. Tony describes why he makes the folds at the top and bottom, as well as how he does it.
- Trim all excess canvas, wrap the print in plastic cellophane, then bubble-wrap and finally the custom made shipping container.
Photo Canvas Prints are exceptional lobby signs, and home interior decorations. We can take your personal photo to make a personalized print of your family, pet or favorite vacation spot.