2015 PICA Awards Celebration
On April 16th at the PICA Awards 50th Celebration we gathered with many of our printing peers to celebrate “Accomplishments in Print” for the year 2015. Only one “Best of” may be given in each category. One or more “Special Judges Award” or “Award of Excellence” may be given in each category, limited to no more than one third of total entries per category.
A panel of out of state judges with extensive experience in printing and print production was brought in to examine the work. Each entry was judged on its own merit in a category with similar printed pieces. The judging criteria included: registration, crossovers, clarity and neatness, sharpness of halftones and line drawings, richness and tonal qualities of color, paper and ink selection, ink coverage, difficulty of printing, effective contrast or softness, finishing, bindery, and overall visual impact.
5 Heritage team members represented Heritage Printing & Graphics at the 2015 PICA Awards. The evening event was held at the Embassy Suites, one of the poshest hotels in Concord, NC. Their enormous ball room was filled with 750+ entries, with over 250 printing representatives in attendance.
The winning entries were an impressive array of samples from: commercial print, custom packaging, interior and exterior signage, event signs and banners, custom displays and wide-format printing. The reception area held the winning entries, which were an amazing aray demonstrating the complexities and variations of “Print”, how it’s applied, the equipment needed to produce the impressive samples and how Heritage competes in the industry.
The Sponsored Award Winners included:
- Arzberger Stationers won 5 Best of Category Awards and 5 Special Judges Awards and also won the Athens "Most Creative Use of Paper" award
- Classic won 13 Best of Category Awards, 20 Special Judges Awards and 7 Awards of Excellence and also won the KBA "Best Catalog" award
- Heritage Printing & Graphics won 14 Best of Category Awards and 2 Special Judges Awards and also won the FujiFilm "Best Wide Format" award
- iTek Graphics won 11 Best of Category Awards, 13 Special Judges Awards and 4 Awards of Excellence and also won the Manchester Industries "Best Process Color Printing" award
- Loftin & Company Printers won 4 Best of Category Awards and 3 Special Judges Awards
- Mullen Publications, Inc. won 2 Best of Category Awards and 2 Special Judges Awards
- Print Management Group LLC won 4 Best of Category Awards, 3 Special Judges Awards and 1 Award of Excellence
- ImageMark Business Services won 4 Best of Category Awards, 3 Special Judges Awards and 2 Awards of Excellence
- Subtle Impressions Inc. won 1 Best of Category Award
- Westmoreland Printers, Inc. won 1 Special Judges Award and 1 Award of Excellence
The FujiFilm “Best Wide Format” award was in recognition of the Google project which celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Heritage printed and installed 10 portrait murals on the stairs at 6 different historic landmarks in Washington, DC.